Free photo editing software can be as powerful as any paid software. It's amazing what you'll be able to do with them. Your facebook and other social media pictures will really light up.
1. The easiest and most user-friendly is Picnik which is now owned by Google. It's a web based service that offers many free effects that you can easily perfom. Give yourself 30 minutes to play around with the interface and you'll feel like a pro.
I guess that's a Gimp
2. Do you want even more power? GIMP is your answer! It has many of the same features as the expensive Photoshop. You'll need some tutorials to help you understand this interface. Just go to Youtube and you'll find many free ones.
I made a quick video outlining Picnik and Gimp. You can check it out here.
3. Photo Funia has many different backgrounds and images that you're going to spend a lot of time on. I made the picture below in less than a minute,
They have well over 100 effects in different categories like art, television, and magazines.
4. Do you want to say something about the great picture that you took? Then you need Fotobabble. You just have to record you comments about the pic and Fotobabble will give you link, so your friends and family can hear about it.
6. This site might depress you. You can see what you will look like in 20 years. It's called In20years.
7. Wanokoto Labs in Japan will let you make any photograph that you have look old. The picture above is modern, but it got tranformed to make it look older. Most of the site is in Japanese, but when you hit the English buttone, there's enough for you to work with.
With these seven sites, you're going to have a lot of fun with your photos. If you make any cool ones about Colorado, I'd love to see them. Just go here for details!
You'll also want to subscribe to my free Colorado Newsletter. I'll constantly be updating it with tips and tricks you can do with your photos. You'll also keep Colorado in your memories!
More Free Photo Editing Software with Picnik and Gimp profiled
Thanks for your time and any comments would be appreciated. Happy Travels!